HealthLinc is built on a foundation of visionary health care with a patient-centered focus and a strong commitment to academic excellence. We offer opportunities for student/resident to learn and grow under the support and guidance of trained professionals. Currently, HealthLinc offers general family practice rotations. We cannot guarantee special rotations in areas such as pediatrics, geriatrics, or women’s health.
The patients at HealthLinc are challenging, but the relationships their develop with their providers are adminirable, and I admire the way they gain patient respect. I feel like, if I can succeed at HealthLinc, I can succeed anywhere, and I look forward to the challenge.
I worked with a provider from HealthLinc in my previous employment and found they are a good quality organization. I am open to exploring all types of patients so that I can obtain as much experience as possible.
- Clinical rotations must be part of an approved school program that is affiliated with HealthLinc. If the school does not have an affiliated agreement with HealthLinc, the rotation timeline to start your externship may take longer than expected. Please plan accordingly.
- All clinical rotation activities must have an up-to-date and approved Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in place between the school/program and HealthLinc.
- Clinical rotation activities must follow established goals and objectives and be in coordination with school/program faculty.
- Students must have a complete and clean background check through their program/school.
- Students who do not have medical reasons or religious objections to receiving immunizations must show proof of vaccination against the following diseases: COVID-19, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis and influenza.
DO NOT report for clinical rotations at HealthLinc prior to confirmation from the residency program coordinator that all necessary paperwork has been received and you are cleared to start.
Review and comply with all information outlined in the Student Learner Packet as well as all HealthLinc policies and procedures.
Maintain courteous and professional behavior with all HealthLinc staff members and patients.
Act in a professional and responsible manner when dealing with confidential patient records and other information which comes to the student learner by virtue of his/her work.
Students are expected to arrange a satisfactory schedule with their supervisor and abide by it. Any changes to the schedule must be discussed in advance with the supervisor.
- Students will fill out a rotation evaluation sent to them upon completion of their clinical rotation.
- Clearly define expectations of work to be performed
- A safe and positive learning environment
- Performance feedback
All applications must be submitted a minimum of five weeks prior to the start date of the requested rotation. If the application is filled out later, HealthLinc cannot guarantee the requested rotation. The student/resident rotation is based on capacity at the clinical location requested and provider availability. Please do not contact providers directly. The provider cannot approve a rotation or agree to take on a student/resident. Please select the application that corresponds with what kind of student/resident you are. If you do not fit into either of the categories below, please select the application under “Other”.
- Medical Assistant/Dental Assistant Student
- Nursing Student/Nurse Practitioner Student/Pharmacy Student/Dental Student and Medical/Dental Resident
If you are having trouble with your application, please email Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When students report to work for their first day, the supervisor should provide a specific orientation for that clinic and review all department standards and guidelines so that expectations are clearly defined from the start. Some items which are included in the clinic/department orientation are:
- HealthLinc’s mission, vision and values
- HealthLinc’s organizational charts and supervisory structure
- Introduction to coworkers, clinic and departmental staff
- HealthLinc’s Dress Code and Professional Image Policy
- Review of HealthLinc’s Policies & Procedures
- Student’s HealthLinc schedule
- Policies regarding reporting illness or other changes in schedule
- Student expectations and responsibilities as well as supervisor expectations
- Review of HIPAA information and answer any questions
- Demonstrate how to use the phone, printer, copier, fax machine and other devices