Requests for Proposals and Invitations for Bids
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Risk Management Consulting and Brokerage Services
RFP SUMMARY AND KEY DATES
1. HealthLinc, Inc. seeks qualified insurance brokerage firms (“Broker”) to submit proposals for risk management consulting and insurance brokerage services.
Broker is hereby instructed not to contact any insurer or risk management service provider in the formulation of its proposal. Any such contact may disqualify Broker from further consideration.
RFP Issued to Prospective Brokers – July 24, 2019
Broker Requests for Additional Information – August 9, 2019
Written Proposal Due to HealthLinc – August 23, 2019
Oral Interviews With Finalists – TBD
Selection of Successful Broker – September 2019
OVERVIEW OF HEALTHLINC
2. HealthLinc, Inc. is a nonprofit organization founded in 1996 and dedicated to improving the health of Northwest Indiana residents. HealthLinc provides quality primary care services without regard for a patient’s ability to pay. We strive to take a holistic approach to health and well-being and pride ourselves on creating a “health care home” for our patients. Our services include a range of medical, dental, optometry, obstetrics, and behavioral health care for people of all ages as well as partnering with Walgreens and CVS to provide easy access to low cost prescriptions. We serve as a clinical training site for medical students, family nurse practitioner students, medical assistant students, and pharmacy students from colleges and universities. Our providers and staff are also available for community education and outreach activities.
Our Corporate office is located at 2401 Valley Drive, Valparaiso IN. HealthLinc has physical clinical sites at the following locations in Northern Indiana: Valparaiso, Valparaiso Porter Starke, Knox, Michigan City, East Chicago, Mishawaka, IU South Bend, Centennial South Bend, Southeast South Bend. We have two remote Telehealth sites at TJ Middle School in Valparaiso, IN and Oregon-Davis School in Hamlet, IN. HealthLinc also operates a medical mobile van.
3. It is HealthLinc’s intent to select the broker best qualified to represent the insurance interest of HealthLinc. The prospective firms will prepare and submit proposals regarding the following insurance coverages.
a) Workers’ Compensation, including Employer’s Liability
b) Commercial General Liability
c) Umbrella and/or Excess Liability
e) Directors & Officers Liability
e) Other necessary or appropriate coverage.
4. Proposal Requirement and Scope of Work. HealthLinc requests capabilities and service proposal for risk management consulting and insurance brokerage. Coverage proposal should include all risk management steps and insurance coverage that the Broker recommends to support HealthLinc. If you believe HealthLinc should consider additional insurance coverage or services not contemplated in this RFP please identify and discuss them in your proposal.
5. Proprietary Information/Confidentiality. HealthLinc will treat all proposals on a confidential basis. Proprietary information contained in any one broker’s proposal will not be shared with other brokers. In order to protect HealthLinc’s interest, all information provided to Broker during the RFP process, in any form, including any copies made within Broker’s organization, shall be treated as confidential by Broker and shall be used only for the purpose of responding to this RFP.
6. Broker Evaluation Process. HealthLinc will use the following criteria in evaluating Proposals:
a) Knowledge and expertise with regard to HealthLinc’s business
b) Knowledge and expertise with regard to insurance coverage’s proposed
c) Credentials, experience and structure of account team
d) Quality of work produced during the RFP process
e) Total cost, fee structure, and value of proposed services
7. General Information
a) Describe your firm’s mission statement and attention to quality of service, and how these will be applied to HealthLinc.
b) Provide a brief history and description of your firm, including the office(s) that will provide services to HealthLinc.
c) Describe your company’s overall experience in providing risk management and insurance services to similar entities.
d) Provide the name, role, and credentials of all members of the proposed service team.
Include the name and role of any personnel or resources outside of the proposed service team that may provide services to HealthLinc.
e) Provide the name and contact information for at least three references that we may contact with regard to your ability to deliver the services contained in your proposal.
It is contemplated that a short list of three finalists will be interviewed during the month of September 2019 with the goal of engaging a broker in September 2019.
8. Proposed Insurance Brokerage Services should address the following services:
a) Solicit proposals from qualified insurance carriers on an annual or as needed basis who are experienced and familiar with writing commercial insurance for entities such as HealthLinc.
b) Broker shall develop bid specifications to be submitted to the insurance marketplace for which proposals are sought.
c) Proposals submitted by insurance carriers shall be evaluated by the Broker relative to compliance with insurance specifications, cost and ability of each carrier to perform as required including relative solvency.
d) The Broker shall provide a detailed report of solicited policy renewal options available to HealthLinc.
e) Examine and approve issued policies for conformance with HealthLinc’s specifications and the carrier’s proposal.
f) Provide an annual stewardship report, including insurance schedule, policy summaries, review of past year’s activities and outlook for coming year’s market conditions.
g) Develop a service plan for HealthLinc to be mutually agreed upon.
h) Assist HealthLinc in drafting insurance specifications for contracts and agreements as requested.
i) Provide assistance in tandem with HealthLinc’s legal counsel.
j) Provide insurance certificates, as needed, to others pertaining to HealthLinc’s coverage.
k) Advise HealthLinc on new developments in the field of insurance.
l) Be available for consultation on any matter within the scope of services and shall also be available to meet on an as needed basis to discuss pending and new issues.
m) Describe in detail the types of insurance coverages that your firm proposes for HealthLinc, including the current state of the market for each coverage.
n) For each proposed coverage, provide names and ratings of qualified insurance companies that may be approached for insurance premium quotations, and provide your firm’s written premiums for the most recent available annual period.
o) For each proposed coverage, describe in detail key recommended coverage features.
p) For each proposed coverage, describe in detail your proposed program structure, including limits, sub-limits, and deductibles or retentions, and estimated cost (including premiums and, if applicable, deductible losses).
q) For each proposed coverage, describe in detail your firm’s marketing and placement process, and how it will deliver advantageous terms and pricing to HealthLinc.
r) Describe the services your firm will provide to service the recommended insurance policies, including (but not limited to) issuance of certificates, audit, loss control, and claims services.
9. Risk Management Information Systems
Describe any proprietary risk management information systems that your firm will employ to deliver the services described in your proposal, and how they will benefit HealthLinc.
10. Brokerage Service Agreement
a) Quantify the scope and term of services contemplated in Broker’s proposal.
b) Describe in detail the total remuneration your firm will receive in relation to the proposed services, including fees, commissions, and any other income.
c) Identify the additional charges that will apply should the scope or term of services extend beyond those contemplated in Broker’s proposal.
d) Provide a sample of your firm’s proposed service agreement.
e) Describe Broker’s policy on transparency of income as well as position on the collection of contingency fees, bonus commissions or other income that is not directly related to the placement of policies or delivery of services to HealthLinc.
RESPONSE TERMS OF RFP
All requests for clarification or information should be by e-mail between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and prior to the deadline in the RFP schedule for Broker Requests for Additional Information to the following:
Attn: Kathleen Honl, Accounting Manager
Proposals shall be submitted by e-mail and limited to a maximum of 25 pages, not including appendices or exhibits. No later than 4:00 p.m. on August 23, 2019 to the following:
Attn: Kat Honl, Accounting Manager
Responsive proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by HealthLinc’s management with the intent of recommending a broker to HealthLinc’s Board of Directors.