MEDICAL ASSISTANT TRAINING Program
Residency Program Coordinator
HealthLinc, in partnership with the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA), is helping to expand access to health care by training its future leaders in the healthcare community. Students who join HealthLinc’s Medical Assistant Training Program gain hands-on learning and experience in our primary care clinics throughout northern Indiana. They receive the knowledge needed to advance their future with a guaranteed job during and after the program.
- To provide educational opportunities for career advancement in the medical assisting field
- Enable graduates to gain the competencies, skills, productivity, and knowledge to assist as an entry-level medical assisting professional
- Offer debt-free education through an accredited medical assisting training program (Note: book and supply fees are deducted from pay)
- Increase the number of certified medical assistants within the HealthLinc organization as well as our communities
- 8-month program with online learning and on-site experience, totaling 240 externship hours across four terms
- Online work is estimated at 15-25 hours per week, depending on each student’s pace
- 12 hours a week of on-site clinical experience at a HealthLinc clinic
- 2-4 hours weekly or semi-monthly skills practice at our new Corpoate Training Center with a HealthLinc skills coach
- 1 hour per week of National Synchronous Session and Huddles with NIMAA instructor and skills coach, typically via online interactive discussions
- 4 interactive weeks with no clinical hours used for student case studies
- Preparation for Medical Assistant Certification
- 18 years of age and older
- Valid proof of identification
- Reliable transportation to training and clinics
- A high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Must be able to work part-time (maximum of 24 hours) as a patient service representative (PSR), phone operator, or scheduler while completing the NIMAA program
- Must sign a 2 year mandatory employment agreement
- COVID-19 vaccination or a medical or religious exemption
2021-2022 HealthLinc NIMAA Cohort: Opens February 14, 2022 – Closes April 15, 2022
- Complete a five-question online pre-screening interview
- Complete application by choosing Medical Assistant Program Trainee on our career page
- Attend an in-person interview with HealthLinc’s residency coordinator, site operations director, and skills coach
- Participate in a phone interview with NIMAA admissions team
- Complete externship interview questions
- Pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- COVID-19 vaccination or a medical or religious exemption
- Application fee: $25 (non-refundable) paid by HealthLinc
Note: The application fee will only be charged once NIMAA has confirmed externship locations in your state. Payment of the application fee must be received before you can advance to the next stage of the admissions process (phone interview).
- Tuition: $6,000 paid by HealthLinc
- Program fees (includes all textbooks, equipment required, CPR certification, immunizations needed, cost of practice and final national certification examination): $760 paid by HealthLinc employee (payroll deduction of $25 per paycheck)
- $6,785 value at a cost of $760 to the student
Specific questions about the Medical Assistant Training Program should be addressed to the residency program coordinator at email@example.com or 219-413-5100, Ext. 2904.
This program is the perfect fit for someone looking to further their experience in the medical field. I get hands-on experience with a diverse patient group and get to work with a variety of providers. The Medical Assistant Training Program supports the students from start to finish. Michael G. and Brenda R. are wonderful and make you feel confident. They have been there for us when we feel overwhelmed and the pressure is on. The program offers free tuition to those accepted as well as employment after completion of the program. I am thankful for this experience and look forward to the future rewards.
I’ve been in health care for 18 years as a certified nurse assistant and love to help people. I know times are changing, and I wanted to pursue my medical assistant career but didn’t have the funding to pay for school. Once I became aware of HealthLinc’s program, I jumped at the chance to apply. Knowing I didn’t have to stress about the funds gave me a chance to better myself and show my children that at any age if you put your mind to something, it can be accomplished. So far, I have met amazing staff members who are always willing to help and answer any questions. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to build their healthcare career.
As a child, I always wanted to work in the healthcare field. After becoming a single parent of three, I set a goal of becoming a medical assistant. It was hard to find affordable schooling and a job that would work with my schedule. I applied to the Medical Assistant Training Program through HealthLinc because it not only was a great way to start the process of reaching my goal, but it also takes away the financial burden that I would have somewhere else. I am so glad I made this choice, and I love everything about becoming a medical assistant!
I was attracted to the program because it allows me to further my education debt-free, gives me hands-on training and guarantees employment after I am certified. I have been interested in the medical field since I was a teenager, and my interest grew from there. I attempted to ob tain my degree in medical assisting and then in nursing but, at the time, life had different plans for me. My dream of one day being able to continue my education has become a reality. Michael and Brenda have been amazing, and I can’t wait until I can add CMA at the end of my name.